1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
Newton Store, Newton Systems and all websites and brochures operated and/or produced in relation to it are owned and maintained by:
Newton Systems Ltd, 75 Irish Town, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar ("we" or "us")
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to open an account with us, ask us to reserve an item for you or ask us to perform a repair for you, we will collect details that you provide in relation to that account, reservation or repair. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
It is our policy to not collect personal information from any minors.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:to keep an archive of your purchases and be able to re-issue an invoice or receipt in case you have lost it
to enable us to verify the warranty status of goods you purchased from us
to get in touch with you once a reserved product has arrived in stock
to get in touch with you with regards the status of your repair
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
We will ask your consent to use your name, email address, phone number(s) and postal address to contact you about your account, reservation or repair.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
5. Who will you share my information with?
- Apple Education discounts require proof of being a student or teacher and in order to obtain the discount from Apple, we forward the details of the applicant to Apple.
- Software license registration: in case you order software license from Adobe, Microsoft Sophos, Zimbra and other software vendor, we will collect contact details to register the end-user.
6. Updating Your Details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Newton Systems, 75 Irish Town, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar.
7. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements.
- For credit accounts with nil balance: 2 years after the last invoice for warranty purposes
- For credit account with a balance: until the account balance is settled
- For reservations not collected: 3 months after the goods were received
- For reservations that were collected: 3 months after the goods were collected
- For repair tasks: 2 years after the completion of the task for warranty purposes
Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
9. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
10. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Officer, Newton Systems, 75 Irish Town, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar or by email to: email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns at any time with The GRA: http://www.gra.gi/data-protection